Sunday, July 7, 2013

It's a hot one out there!

I do realize how lucky I am at the weather being so beautiful since I have been here.  And it looks like it will continue to be so for the remainder of my stay here in London.

I didn't do a whole lot today.  I've been going non stop, so I just wanted an easy, relaxing day.  I went in search of Neal's Yard.  It is a small yard hidden in a alleyway between many shops.  It was in the Camden neighborhood, in Covent Gardens.  Now, I had no idea what to expect when I got there as my sole purpose was to search for this place.  But upon arriving, I find it to be a huge shopping area called the Seven Dials, which is just 7 streets breaking off of a circle.  There are tiny shops, bakeries, cafes, and traditional English Pubs everywhere.  With it being such a nice day, everyone was out and about.
















But I had a mission to find Neal's Yard.   It was something that I had originally seen on Pinterest (I know!  That site is addicting though!)  It's painted with bright colors, and has small outdoor cafes.  I don't know if many non-Londoners know of it as everyone in the yard seemed to be locals. Everything sold in the yard is all natural and organic.  Bust, as you can see, I did find it!  Everything about the yard screamed summertime!  Bright colors, frozen yoghurt, outdoor cafes....It was lovely.  



I decided to take a walk outside of the Seven Dials.  I found my self in London's own West End.  Again, I didn't know I was going to be in that area, as I was only going for Neal's Yard.  I walked around admiring the large theatres.  I did a lot of wandering today.  In fact, I did so much wandering that I, again, ended up in Piccadilly Circus.  There must be a portal because the amount of time I end here is becoming quite ridiculous.  I ended walking towards Leicester Square and found more theaters and the famous Theaterland area.  

As a side note, you will be pleased to know that I FINALLY found the stupid visitor center and will be embarking on a city tour tomorrow.  

Cambridge Theatre


Prince of Wales Theatre

Wyndham's Theatre
          

That was pretty much my day out in London.  I did stop and have lunch (again) at Pret A Manger, my new favorite "fast food" place.  And when I say fast food, it really isn't.  Everything is prepared fresh and everything is all natural.  I had a delicious tuna fish and cucumber sandwich with a side of nectarine and raspberries.  

Having been going non stop the past few days, this girl was tired.  I went back to Hammersmith and decided to explore the area later in the evening.  I never realized how close I was to the Thames.  I took a stroll through some more quaint streets, and came across the Hammersmith Bridge.  There are pedestrian foot paths on each side allowing you to walk across.  There are also trail that run directly along the river.  It's an area with out door pubs and cafes.  It was basically the moment I realized that I absolutely love it here!  From the quiet tree lines streets, to the town houses with their cute gardens full of brightly colored flowers.  Take a look at pictures from my stroll.





Hammersmith Bridge

The other side....


No comments:

Post a Comment