Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July

Kind of weird to be celebrating it in England, but oh well.

Today I went to the neighborhood of Maida Vale.

It's a very quiet neighborhood tucked away from the hustle and bustle on central London.  The town homes are very well kept with beautiful gardens and VERY expensive cars in the driveway.  It did not seem like a touristy place.  

I first found out about this neighborhood when researching for places to stay while in London.  It is know as Little Venice because of it's canal system.  You can walk along the canal which seems to go on forever.  There are also small parks along the way, one of which had a pretty rose garden.  There are boats which serve was canal side restaurants and pubs.


I had lunch in a common area which had an out door amphitheater like area.  There were two people preforming, a guy playing a guitar, and a woman singing.  There were a bunch of take-away places that everyone seemed to go to.  Also, on a weird side note, I noticed a man sitting on the steps, and he had placed a doll next to him, sitting up, while he ate his lunch.  There are strange people everywhere.  


Everything about this neighborhood was wonderful.  It smelled like fresh flowers everywhere you went!  It was clean, and the people are friendly.





Also, the only touristy section of this neighborhood was Abbey Road Studio.  It was a beautiful day in London today and so there were swarms of people there.  It was fun to watch people risk their lives trying to get that iconic picture on the famous crosswalk with all the traffic and people honking.  But it was cool to see.  I also made sure I signed the wall outside the studios. 


  
I left my mark!

The famous crosswalk


Well, that is all for today.  I need to go start planning my adventures for tomorrow.  So, until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment