Friday, July 26, 2013

Greetings from Ireland!

Not so much to report as of yet since my last post.  I've been doing much traveling.  In fact, I am on the train right now headed to Galway on Ireland's west coast.  Of course it has been pouring down rain since I have arrived in Dublin.

I arrived yesterday afternoon after crossing the Irish Sea on a car ferry from Holyhead in Wales.  Now, I didn't know Holyhead was in Wales, but I have now visited every country in the British Isles and Ireland, so go me!  I have, unfortunately, come across a bit of a HUGE inconvenience in the form of bed bugs.  Thank you, Glasgow....

Now, this is probably a traveler's worst nightmare.  I have not yet had access to any sort of laundry facilities and ended up soaking some clothes in the sink of my hotel room last night.  I keep my luggage on the bathroom at all times, and I am covered head to toe in itchy bites.  Basically, I look diseased.  I am glad the weather has cooled down so I can wear longer sleeved shirts.

But enough about that!  I should have another post up tomorrow about Galway and all the fun stuff I hope to be doing.  So keep an eye out for that one!

Leaving Glasgow

Hard Days Night Hotel in Liverpool

Attacked by bed bugs?  Order room service.



No comments:

Post a Comment